Where are you from?
• Jacksonville, FL
What is/are your college degree(s) in or student status and which degree are you seeking?
• Bachelors Degree in Finance and Business Management from Florida State University
Where do you work?
• Senior Consultant, Succession Planning & Acquisitions for Raymond James Financial Services in St. Petersburg, FL
How did you get involved in H54H?
• High Fives for Hope was my platform as I competed in the Miss American Organization in 2008. My brother, Mark, is the founder and having so many family members affected by cancer, I wanted an outlet to help make a difference.
Why do you enjoy being a High Fiver?
• I enjoy being a High Fiver because it is a way for me to give back to those in need. Cancer in some way or another affects everyone. From giving a donation to attending a H54H event, we can spread awareness and make a difference in someone’s life.
What does it mean to you to be a High Fiver?
• Becoming a High Fiver has shaped me. It gives me so much joy to know that my actions and support can make someone’s day even just a little better. It makes me appreciate every day and everyone that I have in my life.
What is your FAVORITE H54H event that you have participated in and why?
• My favorite H54H event was our Annual 5k. The event brought survivors, fighters, and supporters of the cause. It is uplifting to see so many runners at the starting line and then crossing the finish line giving high fives to one another. Afterward, our current spotlight survivor typically joins us during the awards ceremony. When the runners meet the survivor after donating and running, it makes the results more tangible because they are meeting at least one person that day directly benefiting from the program.